Links of Interest
Submit links to email@example.com
Remember before following these, or any other links, to keep your virus and malware software up to date.
- Falls Mill
- Loyd Ackerman's Page
- Geoff Roehm
- Tom Gillard - Troop 402
- Johnnie Brown's Page
- Stones River Woodworkers
- Brenda DeJoice's [Blazin Engravins page]
- Jim Everett's site www.jimscedargallery.com
- North Alabama WoodCrafters
Magazines and Videos
- Woodworker's Journal
- Fine Woodworking
- Wood Magazine
- Wood Magazine's videos. http://iamplify.com/wood-magazine/?cid=WM0002
- Roy Underhill shows on line
- Woodworking Videos
- Forum on woodworking
- Interesting link from Ron Young
- Woodgears.ca an Engineer's approach to woodworking
- How to trim a chair leg from Sid
- Nashville Woodcraft Store
- Lee Valley Tools
- Highland Hardware
- Gilbert Hardwood Centers Huntland TN -- 1-800-624-3551 or 624-3551
- CHATANOOGA HARDWOODS -- 1-800-506-9663
- MSC Industrial Supply Co
- Cut Nails http://www.tremontnail.com/
- Bearings from a local supplier: Click http://www.volunteerbearing.com
Specialty wood supplier
- Pop's Lumber in Hollow Springs Cannon County Kiln Dried Hardwood lumber -- 615 869-8216 Call for appointment
- www.productsamerica.net Hardware for cribs and cradles
- American Association of Woodturners
- Kevin's Woodturnings
- Arrowmont School of Arts and Craft
- Woodturners Catalog
- Packard Woodworks/
- Woodfriends forum
- Turning links from Tracy Bennings
info on finishing, characteristics, selecting hardwoods
- Women in Woodworking
- Woodworker's Supply
- Woodworking for Kids - some free plans and great info for working with kids. He also has 2 books for sale.
- Bits of all kinds. http://www.precisionbits.com/
- A book on bandsaw boxes -- careful this is a long download in PDF
- Sharping jig from Paul Jalbert
- WoodPix Ross recomends this link
Line Forestry Information
- Geoff Roehm Recommends
- Instructions on heat treating steel for woodworkers
- Appalachain Center for Craft
- Forest Products Lab. Handbook is accessible from their home page.
www.toolselect.com for information on tools.
Contacts for supplies and service
- Warren County Electric Motors 931-934-3058 PO box 165 McMinnville TN 37111 Electric Motor Repair inclucing bearings and rewiring
- Saw blade sharpening: Ken Daniel. location is 2007 Ovoca Road, Tullahoma. Phone – 931-455-5024, cell – 931-247-4753.
- George Oleksik 9455 Sparta Hwy, Rock Island, TN 38581
931-686-8665 -- Powermatic scratch and dent plus lots of other handy tools and supplies
- Special Hardware like left handed nuts – Eaton’s Home Center, 1084 Murfreesboro Hwy, Manchester, TN 931-728-3238 has LEFT HANDED NUTS in their specialty hardware section.
- Welding services. B.G.'s Welding 931-967-4073 or cell 931-581-0668 has inshop welding for Aluminum and Stainless Steel and silver soldering and brazing. Also has Portable rig for onsite repairs. Ask for Buddy Gardner.
- Auto parts stores (OReiley's, AutoZone, AdvancedAuto) -- Many helpful items. Examples: Paint filters, Belts for Stationary Tools (try the serrated belts for smooth operation), abrasives, polishing equipment (try their low cost buffers and buffing supplies for your wax jobs and rubouts), etc.
- ROGERS KILN DRIED LUMBER, Estill Springs TN -- 931-649-2887 -