Use of the Forums

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

Use of the Forums

Postby loyd » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:53 am

At the risk of seeming preachy: I came across another 'too many points' problem in programming the CNC this morning. The picture I imported has thousands of points. The curves are made up of a series of straight lines close enough together to make the curve look like it's . . . well, curved. To render the line, the CNC machine must compute the vector between each point on the curve and tell the X and Y drives to move between them. The process is slow and tedious to watch and in the post leading up to the quote below, the forum discusses the issue. The solution is pretty straight forward once you know how to apply it.

Re: reducing points in a curve
Postby loyd » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:34 pm

Here's the video someone posted and I lost the link to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1JASSRKM Pretty quick understanding of the problem and a quick fix.

This URL had been posted on a Forum somewhere, but the posting was lost. Once found, the link leads to the solution.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: Use of the Forums

Postby sid_matheny » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Yes I do remember that post back before the computer crash that lost almost everything.
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Re: Use of the Forums

Postby loyd » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:47 pm

OK. That's right. We lost a lot of our brains. The server is now backed up automatically. That shouldn't happen again -- at least we hope not.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Off Topic