Club Programs

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

Club Programs

Postby loyd » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 am

I don't know whether you enjoy all the programs the Club provides free at the regular meetings on the third Tuesday every month, but I think we all take something away from them that we probably wouldn't have known before. It's called education . The Club decided, early on, that we should aspire to meetings that Inspire, Inform, and Entertain our members. While I'll admit that some programs accomplish that more than others, they all are worth the time. But some excel in our goals. Case in point is the presentation on felling a tree given by Alan Hale at the August 20, 2019 meeting. Alan came prepared with a comprehensive presentation backed by years of experiences in the craft and delivered it with enthusiasm and humor. The presentation is in the Articles section of the website at http://www.tnvalleywoodclub.org/articles/The%20Craft%20of%20Tree%20Felling%20Presentation%20v2.pdf and is worth a look. Of course, the foils can't produce for you the enthusiasm and humor that Alan did in person but if you were there they are a good reference.

Doyle tells me that someone cut down a tree the day after the meeting just across the street from his house and the tree fell in the reverse azimuth from where they intended, hitting some out buildings. The thing that I remember the most from Alan's presentation is that you need to take the reverse azimuth in account whenever you cut down a tree. Interesting.

Maybe Doyle can add insight here.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Off Topic