White paint

Discussions on finishing products and methods

White paint

Postby loyd » Fri May 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm making a wall shelf unit for the bath room at the farm; my [almost] last chore in the remodeling job. Got the thing together today and started the paint job with a sealer/primer -- thick as molasses -- which covered pretty well. Then, after it dried, I put the first coat of this white water base "cabinet" enamel on -- pretty thick stuff as well but not as thick as the first stuff. This stuff says on the can that it doesn't show brush marks but it does, at least so far. I wonder what I'm doing wrong or will the second coat of enamel cover the brush marks.

Full disclosure here: I admit, and even brag a little, that I'm a lousy painter. I get paint everywhere and never have gotten a satisfactory paint job. But how can this be so difficult? I've been accused of faking poor paint jobs so as to never get asked to do it again, but I'm not faking this shortcoming. I'm a lousy painter. Give me a spray gun and I can do a passible job but put a brush in my hand and look the other way.

:oops: :evil:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: White paint

Postby sid_matheny » Fri May 12, 2017 3:03 pm

That is what rattle cans are for! :lol:

I'm sure no help when it comes to painting.....
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Return to Finishing (Products, methods, tools, etc.)