Falls Mill request for help

Any woodworking not in the following categories

Falls Mill request for help

Postby loyd » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 am

This request came in from John Lovett in support of the Falls Mill Museum. Falls Mill is a member of the TVW Club.
2018 07-27 Falls Mill request for help
We have three woodworking projects in support of the museum that I think may be interesting to members of the club who might want to volunteer their time and skills. I can furnish the wood if they would be interested in furnishing the expertise. The projects all support the development of our textile exhibits.

1. One involves building a machine frame using cherry that requires 1820's era joinery, such as mortise and tenon joints. I have the drawings and the frame is not very complicated but is about 8 feet long.

2. I also need a small machine built in support of a recently donated weaving loom. It involves some turning as well as simple joinery. I have also sketched it out.

3. The third need is for 36 wooden spools for the loom. I have some originals that could be copied. They are about 6 inches long with a 1/4-inch hole through the stem and 2-inch diameter end pieces. They are pretty easy to make except for the hole through the spool and require some turning.
Anyone with time and a wish to help should contact John Lovett at Fall Mill. 931 469-7161
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: Falls Mill request for help

Postby southpaw57 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Got the spools completed that were needed by Falls Mill. One thing I learned is that "a spool is not always a spool". Glad that I could help. :geek:

FALLS MILL SPINDLES.jpg
southpaw57

Re: Falls Mill request for help

Postby loyd » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:30 am

You sure have the knack for production work Southpaw. Very impressive!
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to General Woodworking