SENIOR'S PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

SENIOR'S PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK

Postby sid_matheny » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:34 pm

A SENIOR'S PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK.

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles. Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passersby what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.

Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Re: SENIOR'S PERSPECTIVE OF FACEBOOK

Postby loyd » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:40 pm

I guess those people following you are OK Sid. Just don't tell anyone about the voices you hear. That's just something you need to keep away from the Psychiatrist at all costs. :lol: :lol:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Sorta puts a different spin on social media when you squint one eye and look at it from a different angle. I knew there was a reason I never plugged in.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby loyd » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:37 pm

I was told that I needed to be on Facebook to keep up with my grand kids. I've had to "in-follow" some folks [including a few relatives] that at first I figured were reasonable but found that they wanted to rub my nose in stuff that I had no hand in creating. BTW: I'm not a puppy so that punishment wouldn't work on my anyway.]

I'd like to stay in touch but I guess the old fashioned way may be best. If someone wants to contact me they no my phone #, or at least how to find it. Of course, this forum with its vigilant monitors, is a good place for woodworking friends to swap stories without getting into controversial topics. Hint! Hint! :roll:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Off Topic