Priming the pump

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

Priming the pump

Postby loyd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:13 pm

When I was a boy I learned the importance of that bucket that sat beside Mr. Riley's pump hydrant. It always had water in it and we were told to keep it that way because if there was no water in that bucket you could spend an afternoon trying to pump water out with that hydrant. But if you primed the pump by pouring a bit of water into it, the water flowed up with just a couple of strokes of the handle.

Wait! There's a moral to this story, and it's a reason why you might see a lot of my posts -- admittedly some pretty trivial and others just nonsense -- I'm still trying to prime that pump. And I wish others would post some content too. Here's a thought: If you turn a bowl, take a photo and post it in the Turning forum. If you make a box, the Furniture, boxes,. . . forum could use a photo of it. If you make anything, tell us about it. If you got a new tool or added to your shop, post that. Or, God forbid, if you stick your finger into your jointer do what Rgulley did yesterday and make it a learning experience for others.

I see folks responding to posts [and that's good] but not originating them him or herself, then I see stuff at S&T that could really add to the forums. This is the prototypical "self eating watermelon". "I don't mess with that Forum because there's nothing there!" But if you don't post, just go look in the mirror and see the reason for "there's nothing there!"

Now it's time to change that and PRIME THE PUMP!
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: Priming the pump

Postby sid_matheny » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:48 pm

I think we need a little more water. :?
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Postby southpaw57 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:24 am

Maybe, it is just too hot to "pump". :geek:
southpaw57

Postby loyd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:43 am

Maybe so but the weather people predict a couple of 'reprieve days' this weekend, so now's the time.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Off Topic