Shop cleaning

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

Shop cleaning

Postby loyd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:47 am

Shop cleaning is a relative thing. I think it depends on the shape of the shop at the beginning and the expectations of the shop owner for the final result. So you can't really define what a clean shop is right? So it's relative.

In the case of my shop, I clean it when it no longer to offers a clear path to the work being gone or planned to be done. I usually plan to put things away when I'm finished with them, but sometimes that plan degrades to an alternative in which I just put them somewhere and forget where I put them. Then when I want them again, I just amble about the shop until I find them. Sometimes I use that opportunity to put other things -- that I may or may not have been trying to find -- back where they belong, or at least some other place from where they turn up. When I find the misplaced item the process repeats itself.

I'd like to have a spotless shop but I haven't found anyone to remove the spots for me and I find myself disinclined to do that myself. Sometimes, when a project is too big to depend on a narrow path, I actually lay aside some time to do what others may call "cleaning my shop". Then I come in the house and whine about it on the forum. :oops:

My wife says that she could never exist in a situation like that -- she's a bit of a neat freak, you see -- and she has a point. I'm not sure I can either, but being persistent, I keep trying.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: Shop cleaning

Postby sid_matheny » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:31 pm

I guess relative is the right word. When my closest relative, my wife, sees my shop she says "What A Mess"! :lol:
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Postby southpaw57 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:31 am

It appears that we all have about the same problem! A man has to do what a man has to do. Or to paraphrase: A man has to do what a relative wants done! :geek:
southpaw57

Postby loyd » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 am

:lol: :lol: I mean: :roll:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Keeping a clean shop has always been a problem for me. I'm a pilot. I take the stuff in my way and pile it wherever I can. (Nature abhors a flat, empty horizontal space.)
I'm currently building boxes and wall boards to use on a French cleat system. Hopefully, a place for every tool will curb the chaos.

Here's my tip of the day for keeping the shop neater - Every time you go in the shop put up at least 10 tools. This will work unless you normally take 12-15 tools out every time you go in the shop. :lol:
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby southpaw57 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:04 am

Math is always a problem. :geek:
southpaw57

Postby henry » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:17 am

WHAT ? You don't have a cleaning Guy to clean your shop ? me either :(
henry

Return to Off Topic