Lurkers

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

Re: Lurkers

Postby sdunn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:58 pm

He seems the only logical choice since he was with a gov. agency before and at least we will personally know the head of a top secret major gov. dept.
sdunn

Postby loyd » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Well there you go. Now all we need it the consent of the condemned . . . er, chosen one. And we need the right person to appoint him.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby sdunn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:26 pm

I would think the club officers should force ----ahem ask him to take the commission.
sdunn

Postby southpaw57 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:39 am

Speaking of "lurkers"!!! Where is everybody? Seems like the forum users think it is still "hibernating" season. It is now time to be up and active on the forum.
As the saying goes, everyone out there in cyberspace, wake up and smell the forum (or maybe it was the roses). Anyway, take advantage of the excellent information available on the TVW forum> ;)
southpaw57

Postby loyd » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:08 pm

:oops: :cry: :roll:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby sid_matheny » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:15 am

This is a great place for information and I have no idea why more don't use it.

Sid
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Postby sdunn » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:56 pm

beats me
sdunn

Postby southpaw57 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:25 am

And all you energetic woodworkers that have not viewed or used the forum are out and about doing ......................... :geek:
southpaw57

Postby loyd » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:07 am

The forums have provided a lot of good information over time and it's a shame that it's not used more. Of course, we can go back to the infamous "Self Eating Watermelon" theory for an explanation; meaning that there's not enough substance to draw folks in but, on the other hand, there's not enough substance because there's not enough people posting it. Put another way: maybe if enough people post substance more people would participate.

I hate to give up on the forums, but I get discouraged when I see the same names day after day and wonder whether it's worth it. As of now, only 5 members have logged in since yesterday morning.

There's no way to know how many people lurk [meaning visit and read but don't post] but I check most days to see how many members actually log in and it's never very many. There are a lot more search machine BOTs on line at any time than actual members.

Sometimes when I see something on a post and suspect that the intended recipient isn't going to get the message [they haven't logged in], I'll send an email to him. Even then I seldom see him log in. Of course, he may have read the post as a lurker but where's the thing his mama taught him about manners?

Rant complete. Delete where appropriate. :( :cry:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Previous

Return to Off Topic