Bob Addington

Post your clean jokes and stories here. The keyword is CLEAN.

Bob Addington

Postby southpaw57 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm

It is with sadness that I am informing you of the death of another Tennessee Valley Woodworker member.
Bob Addington died on Thursday, September 13, 2018 at his home.
Bob has been an integral part of our club, joining in 2007. He was always active in club activities and served as a club officer multiple years.
Bob really enjoyed his association with all the club members and was the club “pioneer” in the field of CNC routing.
Bob will certainly be missed by all who knew him.
His full obituary is listed below:
Obituary for Robert Addington
Robert Addington of Manchester, passed this life on Thursday, September 13, 2018 at his residence at the age of 75.
Funeral services will be conducted Monday, September 17, 2018 at 11 AM at Daves-Culbertson Funeral Home with burial to follow at Rose Hill Memorial Gardens.
Visitation with the family will be Sunday, September 16th from 5 to 8 PM Daves-Culbertson Funeral Home.
A native of Raus, Tennessee he was the son of the late Dewey Addington and Ethel Sons Addington Tyler.
He was a member of Tennessee Valley Woodworks Association and retired from Caterpillar Corporation after 42 years of service.
He enjoyed woodworking and spending time with his children and grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by stepfather, Harrison Tyler; one son, Steven Addington and sister, Joyce Bates.
Robert is survived by his wife, Marsha Addington of Manchester; sons, Mike Addington and wife Patricia of Tullahoma and Mark Addington and wife Natalie of Fredericktown, OH; 7 grandchildren, Stephanie Addington of Parker, CO., Michael Addington of Milliken, CO., Megan Addington of Wallingford, CT., Willow Addington of Fredericktown, OH., Jennifer Calcagno of Tullahoma, TN., Rick Alvarado of Jupiter, FL. and Jimmy Alvarado of Chicago, IL. and 8 great grandchildren, plus one on the way.
southpaw57

Re: Bob Addington

Postby sid_matheny » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:17 pm

I really hearing this, had a good talk with Bob at the last meeting. He will sure be missed by many!!!
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Postby southpaw57 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:36 pm

You are absolutely right, Sid. He will be missed. :geek:
southpaw57

Postby loyd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Indeed! :( :( :(
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:30 pm

My only regret in knowing Bob Addington is that I didn't know him sooner. We worked together on a lot of projects and when I retired, we worked together every day for several weeks building the addition to my shop. Even after his stroke that affected his memory of names and words in general, he was still sharper than the average knife in the drawer. Good friends are hard to come by - I've lost one of my best.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby loyd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:56 am

I have a similar story Richard. After Henry and I did a Club video program on Bob's CNC machine, he encouraged me to get one of my own. When the new HD Shark came out he put on the charm for me to get one because it was just like his new machine. When I bought mine he came over to my shop to help me set it up and guided me through making a suitable stand for it. He helped me over a lot of the early humps. A very good man that.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby henry » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am

Yes, Bob will be missed. We sat next to each other a few meetings ago. We talked, about what I don't remember, just friend to friend chat. A few years ago Bob told me about a Powermatic Lathe that was for sale, he went with me to look at, after I bought It I told the Owner I would return for it later. Bob said I'll help you load it now, he helped me dissemble it and load it on my truck. I really appreciated that.
henry

Postby loyd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

I talked to Mike Addington and Paul Fults at the funeral home today. It turns out that when Bob didn't come into the house after mowing the lawn and still had not come in after dark, Marsha went out to check on him and found him at his computer desk in the shop. He had apparently gone in there and got a bottle of water, sat down at the desk, and died. The family members that I talked to said he was where he liked to be when he passed on and that is giving them some solace. It sure is hard seeing a family in grief over losing a love one who loved his life so much, but it's also inspiring to see them together in mutual support. Bob would be pleased I'm sure.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Off Topic