Breadboards

Forum rules
Here you can Show Off. Just like at Club meetings during the Show and Tell session.

Breadboards

Postby loyd » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 am

breadboard cnc groove.jpg

Another excuse for saving those cutoffs is to make something like this that kitchen people enjoy. In this case, a bit of maple here and a bit of walnut there goes toward someone's kitchen utensils instead of the burn barrel. The groove was done with the CNC machine; I'm lazy. ;)

I used Bessey clamps to glue this up [yes, Titebond 3 to ensure durability in the kitchen]. The finishing was the 40% poly and 60% mineral spirits mix that I apply like an oil finish -- wiping it on and wiping it off after about 10 minutes. The finish soaks in a bit in that process. I sand a bit a day later and repeat the poly mix application. I let it rest for about 2 to 3 weeks before adding Kickapoo Joy Juice [50/50 mineral oil and beeswax] and thoroughly wiping and buffing it before letting it dry for a day or two. This process seems to suit the needs of kitchen use and the Kickapoo Joy Juice can be used to refresh it when needed.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: Breadboards

Postby southpaw57 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Great gift idea. :geek:
southpaw57

Re: Breadboards

Postby loyd » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Gone! Mama liked it. :D
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Show & Tell