Clocks

Forum rules
Here you can Show Off. Just like at Club meetings during the Show and Tell session.

Re: Clocks

Postby sid_matheny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:11 am

That movement came from Sloan's where I got all of my movements. I realized this morning the pictures I took back then were 35mm so not in my PC. duh
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Postby loyd » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Just insert them into one of those slots. I forget what they're for but they must have some use, right? :lol: On the other hand . . .
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby loyd » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Another Clock. The clock on the right is the new one. You've seen the one on the left before. I like the looks of the second one better. Proportions are better than the first to start with but the wingdings around the clock face are better than the dogwoods on the first try. Like the wife says though; whoever gets it as a gift probably won't complain about that. Taste in the eye of the beholder after all.

BTW: That walnut on both of these is really nice but my supply is gone now. Need to find another source. This was from the stuff Stanley got for me for the big table project. I've nursed it along to get the most out of the rare sample.

IMG_20170120_144618_612.jpg
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby sid_matheny » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 pm

Looks even better with the new insert. I had seen them from the show & tell pics on the clubs site. Nice to have different inserts for the two of them.
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Postby loyd » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:22 am

I added another clock to the collection. I had a piece of walnut with some wormy sapwood and decided that it needed to be used for something. Maybe I can foist it off on someone at Christmas.

IMG_20170702_100843_524.jpg
new clock

UGH! It actually has a ring of windings around the clock movement. Lousy photo. :cry:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby sid_matheny » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Another very nice clock Loyd, well done. Most of the clocks I have made using this type of insert only lasted 3 to 5 years but they are easy to replace.
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

sid_matheny

Postby henry » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:59 pm

All these are great looking clocks, they come in all shape and sizes. That reminded me of a clock I have that was given to me by Maurice Ryan years ago. I remember he had picked up a few scrap pieces of wood at a turning bee. The date on the clock is 2005. Reminds me of the saying " One man's scrap is another man's treasure".

Ryan clock 003 - Copy.JPG
henry

Postby loyd » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Special clock H. Nice!
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Previous

Return to Show & Tell