Cleaning up

Should we do some cleaning up of the Forums not being used?

1. Leave them the way they are -- maybe someone will ultimately use them.
44%
2. Remove those that haven't been used in a year.
11%
3. Remove those that haven't been used in 6 months.
No votes
4. Remove those that haven't been used in 3 months.
11%
5. Give up on the whole shebang and call it a lost cause.
No votes
6. Try something else: Post your suggestion as a reply.
No votes
7. Mount some sort of promotion campaign.
33%

Total votes : 9

Cleaning up

Postby loyd » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:57 am

The Forums aren't being used by the membership. Checking it a few times a day seldom shows more than a few logging in and we have no way of knowing if there are lurkers laying low. It still seems like a good idea but one that is just not being used. The options on this poll are just a few possibilities. Tell us if you have an idea or two that may help the situation.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: Cleaning up

Postby gjroehm » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:50 am

Maybe an item on the club agenda high-lighting a few posts and responses each meeting would create some interest. I don't usually think of the forum, and a gentle reminder each meeting would help me.
gjroehm

Postby loyd » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:44 am

Good idea. I'll discuss it with Paul.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby mrl » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:11 pm

is there a way to mark old topics as read with out visiting every one of them
mrl

Postby rgulley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:45 pm

If you're logged into the forum, it should keep track of what you have and haven't read.
As far as what to do with the forum, I think it's invaluable for a quick "I'm in a bind and need some advice/help/material!" shout out. I usually get a response in short order. I guess I could shoot out an email to those folk I know normally watch/respond to the forum. but that advice then goes no further. On the forum people can read the advice/tips given and can benefit from it. It's a shame folk don't see the value in it. However, I think we've gone beyond what sane people would go to promote something that cost nothing, but has such great value.
I would recommend keeping the forum until such time as it dies a natural death, then lay it to rest with a small ceremony attended only by those who have enjoyed/appreciated it.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby mrl » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm

i am new to the form so every thing is red new old and stuff i dont care about is there a way re set every thing to black or do i have lo look a every thing and eve then thay dont re set
mrl

Postby loyd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:22 am

I hope that someone has an answer to this. MRL [aka Mike] was a member of the forum several years ago. Fell out of the club for a few years and now has returned to the Club and the Forums. Everything since returning appears new to him [hence in red].
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby loyd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 am

Mike [mrl] please see Chuck Taylor at the next meeting to have your photo taken for the membership list and Avatar.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:01 am

Once you are logged into the forum, make sure you're on the board index page. then click the "Mark all forums read" or whatever on the upper right just above the thick blue lie. To mark a particular forum topic, go to that page and do the same. For a particular thread in a forum topic, you may have to go to the last page of the thread. But, generally, it's the same drill for whatever level you want to mark.
rgulley
Site Admin

Return to Polls