reflections

Let's discuss what we experience in using Sketchup. You can ask questions, point to useful articles, and give others a leg up on use of the tool.

reflections

Postby loyd » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:37 am

We drifted from the subject matter in the thread of the Blue Monarch project into the Sketchup arena a few weeks back and that led me to wonder how long Sketchup had been a part of our dialog. The Club was invited in 2003 to build a pavilion at the Coffee County Fair. The deal was that we'd provide the labor and the Fair board would provide the materials. That was a learning experience for all of us, but a Sketchup moment for me. The Sketchup design unfolded before our eyes [and labors]. This article from 2003 describes some of the event.

http://www.tnvalleywoodclub.org/articles/2003%20CCF%20support%20article.pdf

The CCF is pretty well documented in the Gallery. Before the pavilion was built we used a tent and a little building that was already there, but the pavilion was a hit in and of itself. The photos of the 2003 Fair shows the newness of the pavilion with fresh red oak walls and much younger TVW members. Look at this if you don't believe me.

http://www.tnvalleywoodclub.org/gallery/index.asp?action=displayfiles&item=images%2FCCFair%2FCCF03/

Right click on these images and select "show in new tab" to see them at full size.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: reflections

Postby henry » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:23 pm

Lots of good memories here. I wonder how many hundred tops we made over the years.
henry

Postby southpaw57 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:36 am

Yes, Henry. It seems like we could make tops in our sleep for a few days during the fair. What is the status of our participation for this year? Just sitting down in Mexico Beach and wondering!!!!!! :geek:
southpaw57

Postby henry » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am

As far as I know our participation is undfcided, maybe someone else has some information. Enjoy the beach My Friend.
henry

Return to Sketchup