Anybody up for a parking lot sale?

Re: Anybody up for a parking lot sale?

Postby rgulley » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:07 pm

I just had a disturbing thought - what if I end up buying more than I sell? Volume is the real criterion. I have to buy less volume than I sell.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby loyd » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I hear that! My shop seems to continue to grow. There are stretch marks everywhere. :lol:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby loyd » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:00 pm

We need to start talking this stuff up if we're going to have it in October. Beyond that, weather begins to get too iffy. Anybody in but me? :?:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:34 am

I announced the sale at the meeting last night but was surprised at the low interest. A couple were interested in buying, but not many in selling. I proposed that we have it in the gym and meet on Friday evening to set up and have a pre-sale for participants, then start at 7:30 Saturday morning for sale to the public. A little advertising should bring a large crowd. But for a large crowd, we need a lot of stuff for sale. Do we need to add items the club has made? An impromptu craft show? Or take commissions? Could become an annual event.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby loyd » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:04 am

I wonder how many would actually show up. There is a difference in the Club from what was there years ago. It didn't take much to draw a crowd of members years ago, but I notice [the Coffee County Fair being an example] it's pretty hard to get participation these days. Dunno! Maybe a little more one-on-one dealings would be a good approach. Maybe not! :roll:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Previous

Return to Anything else