Shopsmith Mark V

Shopsmith Mark V

Postby bill » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Does anyone in our club have a Shopsmith Mark V? If so, I need info on one of the maintenance procedures if anyone can help. If you know someone that has one please let me know.
bill

Re: Shopsmith Mark V

Postby loyd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 am

There was someone discussing the Mark V a few months ago at a Club meeting, but I don't recall the person nor what the discussion is about. No surprise there, I'm lucky to recall my name from day to day.

But there is always something on YouTube.com about most anything you want to know about. Look at: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shopsmith+mark+v. I found quite a few videos with just a quick look there. And maintenance was covered pretty well. May not be exactly what you're looking for but there's a chance.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby loyd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 am

Bill, look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrhCOJ6nVY. The claim to have a manual to download for free. Hold on to your wallet though. :lol:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:19 pm

My first serious purchase in the world of woodworking was a Shopsmith ( the Mark V, I think.) My son-in-law has it now. I think I gave him the manuals, too. If you don't have any luck finding a free dowmload, let me know and I'll check on it.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby southpaw57 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 pm

I believe Larry Bowers, one of our club members, has a Shopsmith. :geek:
southpaw57

Postby bill » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:43 am

Thank you, club members for the info. I've had a shopsmith for many years and have never known exactly what the correct procedure is for oiling the motor shaft. For the ones that does have one they will know exactly what I'm talking about. I have a manual for it but for me it's hard for me to get to the place to apply the oil. I will do as each one of you requested. Loyd, I seem to have the same problem as you!!
bill

Postby loyd » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 am

Good luck with getting it oiled Bill. Let us know how you solve the problem.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby bill » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:19 am

Thanks Richard G. for the info last night at the club meeting. I felt I was doing the maintenance procedure correctly on the Mark V Shopsmith, but you assured me that I was. Thanks to you Loyd for the nice comment last night at the meeting also. As for as getting on the website often, well I have the same problem as Richard. Since retirement I hardly ever get on here. I stay busy in the woodshop most of the time and just don't have the time like I used to when I was still working. I grant you that this is the problem solver for me because of all the talent in our club. It doesn't matter what the issue may be, somebody has had experience with it and is able to help in some way. Thanks again.
Bill
bill

Postby bill » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:23 am

Richard, I ordered the cyclone this morning along with some hose for it and Banggood.com has a large selection of anything you might want.
Bill
bill

Postby rgulley » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Haven't had a chance to hook mine up, but soon< I hope.
rgulley
Site Admin

Return to Anything else