lumber

lumber

Postby mrl » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:12 pm

where is the best place to get lumber smalls packs 20 to 30 bf
mrl

Re: lumber

Postby henry » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:32 pm

It depends on what type lumber you need. What aer you looking for ?
henry

Postby mrl » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Maple walnut chreey and other cutting bord woods
mrl

Postby henry » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:15 am

Woodcraft of Nashville use to stock a lot of different type hardwoods. I have not been in that store in a while so they may not have lumber any longer. They are actually located in Franklin. Look up woodcraft.com and look for the Nashville store.
henry

Postby rgulley » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 am

They also have a store in Chattanooga over around Eastgate mall. Maybe not where I'd go to buy wood, but it will be ready to use without jointing or planeing.
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby loyd » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:52 am

I was at the Franklin store a few weeks back and browsed their wood pile. They had a pretty wide variety of different wood species but not much depth in any. I was looking for any kind of maple but their selection didn't attract me. If your interest is in the glamour varieties, that's a good place to go. You can expect to see some pretty hefty prices but you'd expect that under the circumstances that they provide it.
I find them a good source for some wood items -- such as the South and Central American varieties -- and often get specialty plywood there. I use 1/16th inch plywood often and purchased a 12 x 24 inch slab when I was there this time. Under those circumstances you just get it where you can and they always have it on hand.
Besides, I enjoy just browsing their aisles to see what's new and what I can find that I feel needs a new home. I've rescued some pretty interesting tools [some I use and some are decorations :oops: ] at that store. :roll:
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Wood