2014 Segmented Turning Workshop

Any form of wood turning using wood parts glued together. Staves, ring segments, laminations, etc.

Re: 2014 Segmented Turning Workshop

Postby sid_matheny » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:17 pm

I went in Thursday for a 2 to 3 hour deal to have kidney stones busted with sound waves. This is not the one where you set in the water but something newer I guess. Anyway during the process my kidney started bleeding on the outside of the kidney. Bleed so fast the blood was filling the body cavity and was pushing the diagram into my lungs and heart. Couldn't breath and all the signs of a heart attach. They thought I might lose the kidney but hopefully it will be OK. The first 2 days were a nightmare. Got home Sunday and am trying to rest as much as possible. Blood count is still low even given 2 units of blood which I hated to get. Will have to take it easy for a few weeks and hope things will get back to normal.

Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."

Postby loyd » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:00 am

What an ordeal. Sounds like the process is a bit severe to cause that sort of damage. I hope you recover fast. Shop's awaiting.
Loyd -- Administrator

Postby southpaw57 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Hang in there Sid. ;)

Postby henry » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am

Hello Sid, How are you doing ? Sorry to hear about your health problem. Henry

Return to Segmented Turning