January 2018 Club meeting cancelled

Place information or links to information here

January 2018 Club meeting cancelled

Postby loyd » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:32 am

The January meeting of the Tennessee Valley Woodworkers Club is cancelled due to inclement weather. The program [Wayne Hawkins On building a timber-frame house] has been rescheduled for February and the program for February [Jim Joliffe From giant pine tree to giant bar] is rescheduled for a later date.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Re: January 2018 Club meeting cancelled

Postby henry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Can any of you old timers remember a meeting being cancelled before ? I can't. Not that I didn't agree with canceling it. It wasn't a fit night for any one to be out !
henry

Postby loyd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 pm

The only one that ever was cancelled was done in the early 1990s [maybe 94?] when the president decided that the Christmas party was in December so we didn't need to have a meeting too. That was when we were at the Duck River building in Decherd. About a dozen or so people milled around in the parking lot waiting for the meeting before going on home and complaining that no one told them about the cancellation. We decided never to do that again and didn't until now. Times have changed with the use of Club blast emails and a diligent membership chairman who made a dozen or so phone calls to the non-email folks.

It was surely the correct decision when considering the location of the meeting place and the horrible road conditions and wind chill.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Postby rgulley » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:45 pm

It's gonna make for a short newsletter next month!
rgulley
Site Admin

Postby henry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 pm

I remember the time you are referring to Loyd. I believe that was the time that the "super show and tell" was started ( the next year ) so the program chairman could get some relief.
henry

Postby sid_matheny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 pm

rgulley wrote:It's gonna make for a short newsletter next month!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sid Matheny
McMinnville, TN

"To the proud, the applause of the world rings in their ears; to the humble, the applause of heaven warms their hearts."
sid_matheny

Return to Recalls, Warnings, Alerts