Summer seminar with Ronnie Young

Things requiring joinery includes any form of furniture, jewelry and whatnot boxes, millwork, etc

Summer seminar with Ronnie Young

Postby loyd » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:47 am

Ronnie Young did his usual excellent job of telling how to make a beautiful box and meanwhile provided a lot of very interesting and potentially useful hints on how to go about many of woodworking's challenging problems. Some of us have it and some of us wonder "how can he do that?".

One thing that really impressed me was the organized manner in which he prepares the parts for his boxes that insures they go together smoothly. He was meticulous in showing us how to do that and provided a slide show on a jump file for me to post here. Unfortunately, it can't be loaded remotely so we'll have to wait. He has promised to provide individual photos of the step by step process over the next few days and I'll post them when they come. If you weren't at the seminar you'll enjoy seeing these.

The other thing that stood out to me is how he makes those intricate legs that go on many of his boxes. He demonstrated that using a band saw and a considerable amount of imagination to come out with a scheme that overcomes the mitering issues of that special corner.

Stay tuned.
Loyd -- Administrator
loyd

Return to Furniture/Boxes/Millwork