The meeting was held in Room H111 at UTSI, Tom Gillard Jr. presiding.
Guests: Milner and Martha Cardin and Leon Tate
· Tom Gillard announced the death of Bob Lowrance.
· Newsletters are available from Chuck Taylor or on the web site.
· Thanks to: Henry Davis for doing the coffee, Fred Heltsley and Deacon Taylor for refreshments
· Thanks to Houston & Lillie Clark for doing the coffee for 2007
· We need volunteers to make the coffee next year.
· Segmented vessel turning workshop December 1
· Christmas party will be Dec. 7
· Dan Maher thanked the presenters of the fall seminar for a job well done and Collins Roan for use of his shop. The seminar came out with a positive balance of $5. Breakeven was the goal.
· Doyle McConnell gave final report on Coffee County Fair.
· Loyd Ackerman discussed segmented vessel turning workshop information.
· Tom Cowan discussed Mary’s progress on the Christmas party preparations.
· Dick Woolam asked the Carvers to meet at the break to discuss future plans.
· 2008 Officers nomination committee information. Because of Bob Lowrance’s untimely death, Karen Kerce Browning agreed to be the Secretary candidate. The nominations were announced again:
President -- Tom Gillard Jr.
Vice-president -- Anthony Watts
Secretary – Karen Kerce Browning
Treasurer -- Jin Steadman
Publicity Chairman -- Louis Bryant
Newsletter Editor -- Chuck Taylor
Bob Reese made a motion that the nominees be elected by acclimation. Geoff Roehm seconded the motion. The vote was unanimously passed.